Wet/Dry Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
probably another easy question for the experts to answer....i hope. I am going to start up a FOWLR tank in the next few weeks, and have some more questions. A little back ground first. The tank it a 46 gallon bow, i am going to order 70 lbs of live rock from lr.com cause i have been reading all the good reviews on the forum. and a dsb around 3 inches. i am planning on using the aquac remora/ mag 3 for my skimmer, and possibly a CPR bak pak, i just purchased a r/o d/i filter from ebay, but now ran across a wet/dry filter.....what is it, what do they do, and would i possibly need one if i had the bak pak, and remora, with the lr and sandbed? thanks to all that can give me advise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i need it :oops:

It's just another type of expensive filter. Works well on ammonia and nitrite but unless you clean it real often will crank out a lot of nitrate, and eventually you'll probably get sick of it and take out all the filter media and use it as a sump. A $300 sump. With dsb, lr, and skimming you do not need it. If you decide to use it as your filter just keep up with the maintenance and you'll be fine. And if you really want to use a w/d, you can make one for about $50.

so the w/d is out.....thanks all the info i really needed on them. thanks indy

Back
Top Bottom