What a difference some good lights make!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a new retrofit PC lights last night, WOW BRIGHT! You can see EVERYTHING on the rocks, and boy did it make my scooter really, well in the mood for love? We have two one male and female and he was showing off his beautiful fin the morning and doing a little dance in the sand for her, I actually got a pic of him with it up! Hope you like it.

Thanks! I would but I have to find out what all is what with the camera. We are having a problem with the lights though, I probably shouldn't post it here, but it up'd the temp to 84 degrees, we like to keep it around 82, the blennies don't seem any different except he seems to chase her more. Tried local fish store they don't have anything, my husband is thinking of installing a couple computer fans to cool it down inside the hood. We aren't running a sump, but do have an empty Magnum 350 running and a protein skimmer. Any thoughts, I know this doesn't belong here, sorry :/

84 degrees isn't too hot for a reef. Lot's of reefers shoot for 82-84 degrees. With many fish species any sudden environmental change can instigate spawning behavior. If you want to cool down the tank a little the computer fans in the canopy will do a good job for you. You'll probably need a heater (if you don't already have one) to keep the temp from dropping lower than your target.

The pic looks fantastic!!(y)

Back
Top Bottom