What are appropriate parameters for pH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishliker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since there is much about pH here I would like to ask this. I have mostly tetras and gourami and I know they like need a little lower pH. Would 7.0 be the ideal reading? And what would be the ranges that would be within safe limits for the fish? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

pH Level

Since there is much about pH here I would like to ask this. I have mostly tetras and gourami and I know they like need a little lower pH. Would 7.0 be the ideal reading? And what would be the ranges that would be within safe limits for the fish? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello fish...

Fish you get at the local pet stores will tolerate a pH range of 6 to 8.5 as long as the level is pretty constant. Most fish will do fine in most public water supplies as long as you use a water treatment that removes the chemicals the public water people put into it to make is safe to drink like chlorine and chloramine.

A pH of 7 is neutral, neither acidic or basic, but it would be difficult to maintain.

Keep up with your water changes and the fish will be fine.

B

Back
Top Bottom