What are root tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiggles24

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is a root tab? As you can tell I don't have much experience with live plants, I actually do have some though. I would like more can you recommend some that are low maintenance? And by that I pretty much mean no maintenance:)

The best way to explain them is they are concentrated pellets packed with micro and macro nutrients. They are predominantly used with plants that require a lot of iron like amazon swords. Instead of dosing a whole tank with liquid, you can place these nearby the individual plant to give it that little extra boost of nutrients. API version look like tylenol pills and Flourish version are a little bigger.

You can think of them in the same way you think of sinking wafers for bottom feeding fish. Some plants feed mostly from the water and others feed mostly from their roots. Root feeding plants need root tabs in the same way that some catfish need sinking wafers. It's just plant food that you can add right to the roots of the plants. Yummy! :)

Thanks! Hey can anybody tell me whst type of plznt this is? It came with some shrimp I bought and I just love it! It's the Lilly pad looking one

Attachments

• image-1595306019.jpg
    image-1595306019.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 70
Can't say for sure with the pic but the leaves remind me of pennywort leaves. A better picture would help.

Hi wiggles, I can't pm you your tracking number because your box is full :) pm me when it's empty, your plants are shipped!

Back
Top Bottom