What are these fuzzy blobs on the bottom of my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Really don't know how to describe it. Here's a pic, I hope you can see it...

Attachments

• image-3021240835.jpg
    image-3021240835.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 148
Yes, as stated above, uneaten food. I had this problem in my 5 gallon. I just cut back the amount/frequency of feedings and it went away.

Now I've got this stringy fuzzy stuff hanging on the roots of plants, and just floating around?

Attachments

• image-718297619.jpg
    image-718297619.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 125
It comes right off, there's a bunch hanging off the wood and everything, I think the wood is growing some type of fungus or something.

Just an idea, but if the wood seems to be the source, maybe you should remove it & give it a good boiling to kill anything on it & see if this helps. If the fungus is starting to get out of control, you can consider treating the tank with a fungus med. Just make sure you choose one that is plant-safe. Good luck!

I'll give it another boil, when I got it I boiled it twice though, but I'll do it again and see if it helps

The white fungus on new driftwood is normal and harmless (although unsightly). It'll go away eventually. You can scrub it off if it bothers you although it'll probably come back until it's ready to go away. As for the roots of the plants, it could be some fungus from the DW or some food that got caught in the roots and turned to fungus. Just suck it up with a siphon.

Reactions: jlk
Back
Top Bottom