what are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darby

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think they are fish eggs, but i'm not sure. There are some clusters of them, all on the back of my tank. Some of my red eye tetras are swimming by them and it looks like they are trying to protect them. Never had this before.

ForumRunner_20120910_202229.jpg

6 red eye tetras, 5 zebra danios, 4 corys, and a dragonfish or dinosaur bichir...

i just want to know if they are parasitic. with the red eye behavior, i don't think it is though.

but my corys dwell on the bottom of the tank. and there are eggs almost at the water line of my tank. i have had the corys for 2.5 years and have never seen this. this is just wow for me...

but my corys dwell on the bottom of the tank. and there are eggs almost at the water line of my tank. i have had the corys for 2.5 years and have never seen this. this is just wow for me...

Not unusual, mine lay identical eggs all over the tank and yes often very high in the tank. They'll be eaten by your fish by tomorrow I would imagine.

Probably. If you have a credit card you can get the eggs off the glass and into another aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom