What Are These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
This one is so neat, I got two bunches of them for both my tanks:
img_2281588_0_c629b85fae651f19fbe7b111d3ba0fa6.jpg

These ones are a bit weird. The guy at the store had no idea what they are and he threw a couple in my bag for free... any ideas? They have like.... cucumbers for roots XD
img_2281588_1_fe77d8bb7e0e6b572674981512f70ee7.jpg

img_2281588_2_c344bf890975d68fef597bda507a6e82.jpg

Anarchis for number 1, i didnt realize that u had more pics. Not sure on the second.

Pic 1 is Anacharis and pic 2/3 are Banana Plants...Banana plants roots take the form of banana shape...and believe you can only bury 1/4 of it if you wanted to

I love my banana plants. When they get acclimated to your tank and start throwing up leaves they look awesome. The leaves actually have gotten 2-2.5 inches in diameter. Mine are the bright green leaves in the front right. Sorry for double pic but for some reason the mobile app messes up sometimes

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130113_140243.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130113_140243.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20130113_140305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130113_140305.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 87
Thanks! I am actually really excited about the banana plant planting, I love the roots and would hate to cover them fully! lol I was close to the 'cucumber' though! I am glad I randomly picked plants that have the same needs as the hornworts I picked up. I cant wait to see them grow and see what happens!!

They are fun to watch grow. The banana roots grow normal roots as well. When I moved mine I discovered a huge root system, around 12" or so. Should update this thread with some pictures of them in a month or so.

My banana plants are just sprouting and growing like a dream! I will be looking for these cute little plants!

My Anacharis on the other hand... they arent looking to good, some stems are missing all the leaves the other's are turning brown. That's in both my tanks :/ what could I be doing wrong? The Hornwats are taking off like crazy too!! I'm concerned for my Anacharis :nono:

My anacharis is finicky too. A few stems melted and others grew and sprouted. It has weird mood swings.

Yeah I've always had issues with anacharis... First is grew everywhere, then it all died. I think I read that it prefers much cooler temperatures and may or may not do well in higher temps.

Yeah I've always had issues with anacharis... First is grew everywhere, then it all died. I think I read that it prefers much cooler temperatures and may or may not do well in higher temps.

My anarchis did that too.

Back
Top Bottom