what are your 25g stocks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafish

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi so I'm planning on getting a 25g for my birthday in september I'm planning on this tank being a planted tank with driftwood the tank will have a filter and heater
this is what I was thinking for a stock but I still very open to suggestions so if you have an ideas I would really appreciate them!

1 dwarf gourami
8 tetras (not sure what kind)
8 pygmy cories
10 red cherry shrimp

I'm thinking of getting plecos instead of cories but I not sure what types can live in a 25g but I was thinking maybe 2 bristlenoses the tank is 24in by 13in by 19in
also I'm considering GBRs but I'm not sure about anything...

I'd stick with the corries. Plecs will get to big eventually.

ok! do you think I could have shrimp and cories on the bottom!

If the RCS have a lot of places to hide they might be ok but in most cases I'd be worried about the DG eating them.

I have a 64 l tank with two dg and two ghost shrimp and not had any probs

ok guys I plan on this tank be very planted with lots of little rock caves and driftwood caves so I think I might try ghost shrimp before RCS to check how the DG does with them

Yup, good idea. Another thing to note is that the DG may be perfectly harmless up until it reaches sexual maturity, but then could possibly start snacking on shrimp. Ultimately it'll depend on the fish itself though, so hopefully yours leaves them alone! :)

Plecos get enormous and are poop machines. I don't have one at the moment but I'm looking for just the right one.

I'm leaning toward getting a longfin albino bristlenose, as the bn do not get as big as other plecos.

Update... got a teeny baby (not longfin) albino bristlenose. In spite of the poop factor, I love plecos. :)

Back
Top Bottom