what bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey my 29 is cycled and Im getting ready to add fish. Not sure what kind of tank it will be yet(suggestions would be nice :).) I am looking for some bottom feeders for it. It is a 29 gallon. In my 55 I have several types of corys and some yoyo loaches. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fun fish in a 29? I have been a tetra fan and am leaning towards serpre tetras but it is totally up in the air right now.
thanks

Diamond tetras are really great. Other than that, you can try hatchetfish or Emperor tetras.

diamond,penguin,emperors,von rios', serpae's, bloodfins are all a great fish.

If you want a larger fish but acts like the tetras or is a tetra look at buenos aires tetras and Dwarf neon Rainbows. 6-10 Dwarf neons would look very nice in there.

as far as bottom feeders, wait a while to introduce them, I make sure I have a food supply when they get home from the store in the tank already, they tend to school harder and get bigger quicker by doing this.

All good ideas. I did consider doing barbs because I have a 55 loaded with tetras. I could try some serpae and some tiger barbs. Don't think my pet store has colombian tetras. Should I go with a shark also then?

Back
Top Bottom