What brand of salt do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a lot of brands and a lot of people have different prefrences.

I use Reef Crystals and have nothing but great results, healthy corals, and crazy coraline growth for a new tank.

I have heard nothing but good from both Oceanic and Seachem, as well as RC and Tropic Marin.

I use IO, which I havent had any particular problems with. I was thinking about trying Reef Crystals, but saw a report online somewhere that did a lab test in IO and Reef Crystals, and said Reef Crystals had little to No difference to IO.

-TheChad

I use oceanic because it seems that I can do just PWC`s and not need to add supplements to it. Example is that my calcium stays at 450 with weekly PWC`s whereas with IO it would only stay around 300-350.

I use Instant Ocean .
I did try Oceanic and had trouble with algea that I dont with the Instant Ocean ...
I have heard others mix 2 brands for their tanks ,never tried it tho

I have used IO, Oceanic and currently I have 6 bags of Reef Crystals. They all work equally well in my experience. The only props I would give goto Oceanic for being way easier to dissolve. Its almost a powder like substance. In my experience all 3 have mixed about the same and have worked well when used on a regular wc schedule. When this salt mix runs dry I plan on trying other brands as well. Agian, in my experience, salt is salt.

Peace.

My CA stays at 400 with weekly PWC with Reef Crystals. But then again I only have 2 LPS and no SPS. It seems that if you have a lot of SPS you are going to have to dose for alk/ca at least eventually.

I use Oceanic as well. My calcium is around 450-475. I'm trying to bring it down a little bit though and keep it a little more stable. I'm having the same fight austinsdad right now. I used purple up for a couple of weeks and man, that through my calcium through the roof! Droped my ph down to about 7.3. I really like Oceanic because with all of my corals I dont have to dose calcium and it desolves really well.

Back
Top Bottom