What could cause a nerite snail's death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I recently lost one of my 3 nerite snails in my 28g tank and am really confused as to what caused it. The snails have been in my tank for a few months now and everything seemed fine. My current stock is 8 neon tetras, 2 gold barbs, 4 albino cherry barbs, 3 otos, and (now) 2 nerite snails. All my parameters are normal. Ammo:0 NO2:0 NO3:35 and I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. A few days before I noticed he was dead I saw him on his back. This had happened before so I didn't think much of it and just flipped him over. He didn't move much but I know this can be normal for a snail sometimes. A few days later I noticed he hadn't moved in while so I picked him up to be sure and one sniff told me he was definitely dead. I've made a lot of mistakes with fish tanks before and I'm trying really hard to take care of this one really well. I'm just confused as to what could have caused this.

Age? Just his time to go? Did you supplement their diet with wafers or somthing, if there wasn't tons of algae for all three?

Unless he was eaten by somthing I don't think there much that can be done. Hopefully it's not catching, if the perams are normal, these not much that can cause it.

Back
Top Bottom