What do you think so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny bats

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 29 gallon tank with just about 29-30 lbs uncured live rock. No livestock yet. HOB filter, 100W heater and Hydor Koralia 425 powerhead. What do you guys think so far? Tank has been up and runnin for only 11 days, just did my first water test today, do my readings seem correct?

AMM - 0.25-0.50
TRATES - 5.0-10
TRITES - 0 (thinking its kinda soon to read 0?)
PH - 8.0

image-1142587362.jpg

I agree it is pretty quick to be having no nitrites, but it'll go up since you still have ammonia. Not really a worry.

One thing you might want to do is do some more scaping with your rocks to make more arches, caves, for livestock to hide and flat areas for coral to sit on later down the road. Hope that helps.

I tested the nitrites twice just to double check and both times read 0, and I've been playin around with the rockscape to get it how I want it. Frustrating as hell to get it perfect lol, but thanks

Lol I'll prolly mess around with them later, there is a bunch of life in the tank already tho. Lil tiny flea lookin things swimming around, and a small slug I guess it looks like? When would be a good time for a small cleanup crew?

Sonny bats said:
Lol I'll prolly mess around with them later, there is a bunch of life in the tank already tho. Lil tiny flea lookin things swimming around, and a small slug I guess it looks like? When would be a good time for a small cleanup crew?

The flea things you describe sound like copepods. Post a pic of the slug it could be a pest such as a nudibranch.

No clean up crew until ammonia and nitrite are 0 and nitrates below 10. Also what water are you using? If using tap that would explain why you have nitrates but not nitrites.

Also is this going to be a reef tank or FOWLR?

Yes I'm using tap water :-/ I'll try and post a pic of the slug lookin thing

image-484235299.jpg

A Lil blurry

And going to be FOWLR..although I would love to keep a few moderate light softies if possible. Plan on gettin a LED fixture down the line.

Back
Top Bottom