What eats bubble algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMyers18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a couple lil green bubbles and i dont want to move stuff to pull them out and was wondering what would eat them?

Emerald Crabs may eat it, fish won't touch it.. Your best bet is to try and siphin it out. Try not to break the bubbles, may spread it.

Yeah i heared it will spread like crazy too!! I was told Sally lite foot crabs but i just thought i would ask and see if anyone had something that just loved to eat it :roll: :lol:

I got some on my LR, it never spread before I removed it (and that was after the emerald ignored it for a month). But as long as you do it carefuly (don't pop the bubble unless you siphon it all out), you should be set.

I have a sally lightfoot and at one point I had bubbles all over and he ignored every one of them.

I believe the emerald only eats the valonia bubble algae when it first starts to grow. Therefore, you have to remove the larger bubbles and then as new ones develop, the emeralds can get them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom