What ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flushingfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, so now I have lightly planted my 20G tank with Anubia, Java Fern and Crypts. I upgraded my lighting to a 65W Coralife CF. I added DIY CO2 that is currently running into the intake of my HOB filter (which I'll be upgrading to a canister xp2). I will be adding more plants to make it fairly heavily planted now that I have medium to high lighting.
My question is which ferts do I need to dose? I don't have a clue about this and it seems to be rocket science at times. Make like I don't have the IQ to tie my shoes and give me an idea of what and how to dose. Please..........I'm ok until it comes to this and really need the help.

LOL... Ferts was very confusing for me too...

Seachem makes some good liquid versions, or you can buy dry ferts from gregwatson.com

Here is what you should have:

Potassium - Either Seachem Potassium or K2SO4 (dry)

NitrAte - Either Seachem Nitrogen or KNO3 (dry)

Phosphate - Either Seachem Phosphate or KH2PO4 (dry)

Micro/Trace Nutrients (iron, etc) - Seachem Comprehensive (recommended) or CSM+B (dry)

Yay a simple answer.... Unless someone comes in and disagrees then I think I will order the Seachem products. I believe I've seen them on gregwatson as well.

Thanks and its good to know I wasn't alone in being confused with this stuff. It's like going back to school and that's too many years ago.

I'm going to be upgrading my DIY CO2 by running it through a powerhead instead of my HOB.

Granted it will be cheaper when I start using dry ferts but until I dial in what I need the liquids will help me out greatly while I study this alchemy of fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom