what fish can I put

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Gold Gourami in a 10gallon tank he's about 2in long I want to know if I can add any fish in the tank ( I'm thinking about adding a few Cardinal Tetra orNeon Tetra Jumbo and a bottom dweller one or two like a Albino Aeneus Cory Cat or Palespotted Cory Cat or a False Julii Cory Cat) there a lot of room for the fish to be added I had the gold gourami for 3 weeks and the tank for 5 weeks ...soo I worrying what kind of fish I can add ( I know gold gourami are aggressive fish but what can I add

I know my dwarf does well with my cory cat and guppies but ten gal is to small to have the right amount of cory together... You can't fit much I a ten gal ... Maybe a few guppy 5 at most or a small school of neons you need like at least 3 or more cory cat together better with 5... Is your gourami a dwarf or regular size if regular size I wouldn't get anything else cuz they get like 6 inches

yea they grow to 6in

But next year it'll be 2014 because im going to live to a different place ill buy a 30 gallon fish tank for the gold gourami but for now I want too add fishes for him ill buy three cory cats and 4 neon and ill buy small plants for them to hide on ..is that ok.?

Not if he is a regular size unless you want to do lots of water changes and he may be aggressive toward then due to lack of space when he gets bigger . And neons need to be in larger groups than 4 ... You might get away with just him and neons but no cory cat they each get 2-3 Inches and that's to much for ten cuz when three cory and the gourami is full grown if ts not a dwarf is like 12 or more inch of fish in 10 gal... To crowded ... What kind of filtration do you have

Best bet if you just have to have something with him is maybe 2-3 endlers and that's it cuz they are like half the size of a guppy and don't need to be in a school

hmm well right now he's pretty small

I can do water changes ill think about it cuz I had him in a 1.5 gallon tank for a week and I domt see he's dirtying the water the water a clean and I had him with other fish like a pleco and a few guppys for a week because they had the ich and he's the only one who surviveand I never seen him his aggressive towards other fish

It might nt look dirty but ammonia etc will build up fast if to many fish in one tank plus will stress out fish making them more prone to ich fin rot etc

It does up to ten gal so I would get a larger filter system bigger is better and expecially if you want to overstock you could get something that does up to 20 gal or more

Ok thanks ill go to petsmart and get a flow 20

You might get one cheaper if you look at adds in yor area or ask around ... I know someone tha. I may buy a second filter system fro for my 20 I need to save up til then its more water changes

Yes like you could just it another ten gallon liter and put it next to the other one

If I add a sponge filter in what does it do.?

It's a bio mechanical filter beneficial bacteria grow on the sponge that convert ammonia to much less dangerous chemicals. Wile the sponge filters out larger debris. There mainly for fry or shrimp tanks I have one in my ten gallon but I'm only going to have shrimp and mts in my tank. I'll have a small bio load but I still bought the one rated for 15 gallons. You generally want your filter rated for double the size of your tank (this is exspecialy important in over stocked tanks and in tanks containing fish with large bio loads). As long as you don't have anything that will be hurt by the extra current weak fish could get sucked in. Buying a filter with your tanks capacity listed as its max rating Is like buying a scooter and driving it on a major road. It might get the job done for a wile but your going to have problems the whole way. This is coming from experience I was given a tank with a filter that I decided to use long story short I was at Walmart two months later buying a new filter rated for double my tanks capacity. I got what I paid for I guess?

Back
Top Bottom