What fish should I add that won't eat my other fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freude88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I have the following in my tank and am looking for advice on what type of fish would help my current fish school better but not eat them! Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Maybe some type of rainbow???

47 Gallon planted tank
Rummy Nose Tetras
Ember Tetras
Sidthmunki Loaches

Thanks!!!

A gourami could be kept in that setup without any fear of it eating the ember tetras.

Hi all,

I have the following in my tank and am looking for advice on what type of fish would help my current fish school better but not eat them! Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Maybe some type of rainbow???

47 Gallon planted tank
Rummy Nose Tetras
Ember Tetras
Sidthmunki Loaches

Thanks!!!

Bosemani Rainbows, any gourami, otocinclus, plecos, guppies, red tail/rainbow shark, most barbs (other than Tiger), bamboo shrimp, possibly a golden or electric blue ram. There are honestly many to choose from. Ask your LFS as well if you see something you like.

Stay clear of angels, tiger barbs, german blue rams, and any other cichlid for now. I will tell you though that I have kept Angels, GBR and tetras all in the same tank peacefully, so it can be different for everyone.

Pearl or honey gourami are both peaceful.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your fish should be around the same size. It looks more aesthetically pleasing and your ember tetras won't be terrorized.

Boesmani rainbows are too big, as are most gouramis. Look for dwarf neon rainbowfish and dwarf gourami's. Other suggestions are blue rams, Endler's livebearers, glowlight tetras, neon or cardinal tetras.

Back
Top Bottom