What fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi!
I'm looking at my new tank with my boyfriend and we are trying to find a nice size fish for my 55g, we currently have (moved from a leaking tank) guppies, platies, rosy tetras and danios. What would be a fish on the bigger size(4inches grown or maybe bigger if possible, smaller if they are really cool and interactive)..
My boyfriend likes the idea of catfish..I'm not sure, I like small fishes better, since we relocated my other tank in there I gave up on my blue ram I wanted so much (I heard they would rip my beautiful guppies apart)
Any idea would help!
Thanks!!

If you want cats I would choose a school of about 10 cory cats. They are neat to watch and really adorable. They are bottom feeders too.

+1 cory cats
I love my hasbrosus Cory, so much fun and they hit the upper levels of the tank more than other breeds

+1 on Cory's. If u want a bigger catfish then try pitcus catfish or spotted or stripped Raphael. For mostly the main fish.... U could do gouramis, glass catfish, tiger barbs, big school of tetras or really most fish. U have a nice size tank

You could do a couple angels, and a group of Denison barbs (rose line sharks). They have beautiful coloration.
With these fish, you could still get a catfish. Bristle nose plecos max out at about 5-6 inches and are amazing algae eaters, you could have a couple of them in a 55.
I agree cory cats are very cute and fun though.

I would get 3-5 Denison barbs and a long finned albino bn pleco!!!! Denison barbs are my favorite fish!!!

Wow I love the Denison barb! How much should I get ? And do they have any special care ? Ok with fancy guppies (for the moment because I think I convinced my boyfriend to replace the leaking tank :) ) ?
And thanks everyone!!

They are great community fish!!! With your stock I'd get 3-5 of them!!! They are very peaceful so they should be good with guppies. They school great!

Back
Top Bottom