What happened to my bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I posted last week about my green bubble tip moving after I did a large water change. Most said that was probably the reason it moved and it should be ok. Well, it's been a week and its not looking too good. It is located behind a rock in the back of my tank under my skimmer so it doesn't get as much light as it did when it was in the front of my tank on a rock. I'm concerned because it stays pretty much closed up and when it does open, it's only a little bit as shown in the picture. I tried to gently removed it from the rock but, it's firmly attached. Does the fact that it's still attached to the rock mean it's still healthy? Anything I should do...The first picture is what it looked like when in front of the tank. The second is what it looks like now.

Attachments

• Bubble tip.jpg
    Bubble tip.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 140
  • bta2.JPG
    bta2.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 115
It did have some stringy stuff around it's mouth over the weekend but not now. So should I just leave it alone? Firmly attached means still healthy????

Just leave it be. Firmly attached means that it is healthy enough that you aren't going to move it without hurting it enough to kill it by moving it. As long as the tentacles are sticky and it isn't moving or bleaching it is fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom