What is growing all over my tank?!? PLEASE HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loopy738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
a few months ago i noticed a few little white tube-like things with tentacles that look like clear hairs coming out of them growing in the sand of my tank. lately they seem to have spread everywhere... in the sand, on the rocks, in the filter. they seem to be eating more food than my fish are. i have no idea what they are, ive googled for about two hours now and came up with nothing. they are too small to get a clear picture of. what are they, are they bad, and if so how do i kill them???

TIA

Rich

Do they look like these?
2003_0103tankid30023.JPG

here are some

Attachments

• 100_0855_142.jpg
    100_0855_142.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 29
here are some more, sorry for the un clear pics, but they are small and im no photographer ;)

Attachments

• 100_0854_185.jpg
    100_0854_185.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 30
well thats a relif.. ive been freaking out the last few days..
i have no idea where they came from though.. i havnt added anything to the tank in a while.

can i get rid of them though? they kind of creep me out

LOL! Some things that pop up in a reef tank out of LR can be creepy for sure! :)

Things show up years later too... seriously! YEARS! ;)

I don't know how to get rid of them though... sorry.

Welcome to AA though... this place rocks! :)

Yes. There is a "worm" buried in the sand /rock at the base of a group of tentacles. You can just remove it. They harm nothing and clean your tank of debris and left over food.

Back
Top Bottom