What is this frag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just getting into corals and picked up my first last weekend (shrooms). In the same tank at the lfs I saw this. They didn't know what it was and didn't even know it was there - so for $2.00 I figured what the heck. Is it a frag of something, maybe a leather? It seems to have expanded/grown quite a bit since I put it in my tank.

TIA

Attachments

• frag_104.jpg
    frag_104.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 38
A leather would be my guess. Maybe a toadstool. Might have to give it some time though for a proper ID.

Thanks fluff! How long does it normally take for a frag to grow into something recognizable? This one is only 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch.

Well, most leathers normally grow pretty fast if tank conditions are good and stable. You could see significant change within a month if not sooner. Keep us posted. :)

That looks very much like my Blushing Finger Leather I just got. Very white branches with tiny pinkish brown polyps. But hey, what do I know, I'm still very new to this. Here's a pic of mine, which is about 3-4 inches wide:

img_592400_0_caf430cd90f85dd907dba9c5b4db23ed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom