What is this thing??? Pic enclosed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NOVAFowlr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
No idea what this is, thought it was dead or part of the rock etc, but lately at random times it has been opening about 2-4mm and it has a white substance inside.

Thanks in advance!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408404667.179512.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408404710.308574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could be...how much do these things actually open normally? Since it may be alive should I be doing anything to keep it that way?

I bought mine as a piece of rock covered in mushrooms for 10 dollars then couldn't figure out why the mushrooms would jump up and down every once and a while and surprise! I kept mine for about 2-3 years till my tank crashed, if I'm correct non Photosynthetic (but not sure) fed mine phytoplankton twice a week( at that time I was dosing whole tank) and it was growing and the inside turned a bright orange after a while I treated mine like a flame scallop basically.

Never opened wide probably at most a half in. Good filter feeder. In my eyes if it's alive keep It going!

Great info thanks!

Back
Top Bottom