what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not at all. They are filter feeders. The body of the worm is probably in the shell and the feathery gills are what strains the water for food. Tiny ones are pretty common on live rock, but this one looks to be on the large side for a hitchhiker.

No. Feather dusters are considered inverts. But I can't confirm that it's a feather duster. Google feather dusters as hitchikers and see if the pics look the same

If its the thing with the spiral attached to it ten it looks like a Christmas tree worm. Harmless filter feeding worms pretty cool if u can keep it in ur tank.

Gubernaculum86 said:
If its the thing with the spiral attached to it ten it looks like a Christmas tree worm. Harmless filter feeding worms pretty cool if u can keep it in ur tank.

Are they hard to keep?

From what I've heard they can be bc they are filter feeders and only eat what's in the water. Never had a Xmas tree worm personally, but i do have a large feather duster that I target feed cyclopleeze once a week. If u really want it to survive u could feed it phytoplankton or since it's a hitchhiker let it be and see if it survives.

next question for all of you. I have some bright green algae growing on the rock. It is not anything but color. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom