What is this!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K-Mac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
I'm completely new to this forum because one of my fish has some sort of worm/parasite/fungus that I cannot identify despite all my internet searching.

There should be a picture attached to this, but it's also in my one and only album if the attachment doesn't work properly.

It's my emperor tetra, it looks like kind of a bubble under his skin with a tiny squiggly worm inside. It doesn't look like an anchor worm (not forked, not string-like), the closest thing I could find may be a flesh worm? But there weren't a whole lot of pictures on that, so I don't know. It started as a smaller mark, and at first I thought it was some sort of injury. He's not acting sick, though sometimes scratches against stuff. None of the other fish have it.

Other details... I've had the tank for about a year (20 Gal., 11 fish). This fish was added in January I think? That was the last time new fish were added. They had Ick not long after that, but it was treated and I don't recall there being any spots on this guy at all.

Anyway, some further identification would be most appreciated, preferably along with a solution.

Attachments

• Emperor.jpg
    Emperor.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 80
I wish i could help but i havent any experience with worms being under the scales! There are simple things that i would do to help like do more frequent PWC's and raising the temp, but i dont know any specific treatment. Sorry:,(

On another note, im amazed you got that great of a picture. Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom