what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw this on my glass thismorning but couldnt get a good look at it.

ForumRunner_20131203_203000.jpg

ForumRunner_20131203_203026.jpg

I cant see the top of it because of location it is about the size of a pencil eraser

It's a pest anemone. Aptasia or majano...

Pretty sure its majano. I looked them up right after your post. So far this is the only one I have seen.
Can I just use a razor to take it off the glass? Or is there a better way.

Yes, I would gently scrape it off taking care not to damage it, then toss it in the toilet...lol. If you have one, you'll probably end up seeing more.

Yes, I would gently scrape it off taking care not to damage it, then toss it in the toilet...lol. If you have one, you'll probably end up seeing more.

Mr. X I have a condy nem that has been on the move recently and is currently on the glass, first question is.. Is that okay or it to stay on the glass?? And second if I would want to take him off the glass and move him back to the LR , how do I get him to let go without hurting it!? All parameters are good , just had a recent 20% WC

It's ok to let it stay on the glass, if that's where it wants to be. To move it, I would slide something like a credit card under it gently, taking care not to damage the foot.
BTW, if it's moving, it's not happy. Check your parameters.

Back
Top Bottom