What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reaper216

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought it was an amazon sword which I have 10 or so of in the tank, but the swords dont have all of those smaller leaves at them bottom...

Any ideas?

Attachments

• sword2.jpg
    sword2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
Is it a recent addition to your tank? Did you place root tabs under the sword when planting. I found that prior to using root tabs the new leaves always tended to be smaller then the ones on it from the time acquiring it. That can be because it was originally grown emersed (don't think I spelled that right) or there isn't enough nutrients. I do look like me amazon sword.
Cheers Ray

Nope. All of my plants were planted at the exact same time. I got a plant pack from someone on this site and just dont remember all of the names of what he sent so it might be from that.

Also, I dont use root tabs on any of my plants.

Nope. All of my plants were planted at the exact same time. I got a plant pack from someone on this site and just dont remember all of the names of what he sent so it might be from that.

Also, I dont use root tabs on any of my plants.

Swords and Crypts are heavy root feeders and need root tabs to be their best.

What do you mean by best? I have only had my plants for about 2 months but they have all doubled and almost tripled in size since i planted them.

Im not trying to be sarcastic here, I just dont understand what you mean. My plants seem healthy!?

When you say that you've had these plants for about 2 months, is that the time when the whole tank became planted? Or did you have other types of plants before? The reason I ask is because of my own experience. My tank first started with only plastic plants. As time progressed and the tank became more established I began add plants and they thrived. They held their own for a good number of months before they began to show signs of deficiencies. What I figured is in the time frame they were using the nutrients available in the tank and when they started melting the nutrients were gone. I can say if the is an amazon sword I gave my root tabs and it grew taller than my 18" tall tank.

I got my tank in August. I had fake plants in it until Mid-October when I took out all of the fake plants and added the tank full of live ones.

If the root tabs are a must I will begin now lol. As you can see from my timeframe Im still quite new to this.
How does one DIY a root tab? Would you happen to have a link I could read up on it? I'd rather heed advice now and have extra healthy thriving plants than not listen to you folks and have a tank full of dead plants in a few months..

Back
Top Bottom