What Is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Millerman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betas top fin doesn't look so good. It doesn't look like fin rot but I'm not sure I thought he was just getting old as I've had him for a little over a year now.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424654115.875736.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424654196.980652.jpg

have you tested the water lately to ensure params are good? Looks like it could be fin rot... or perhaps the neons are nipping. They can occasionally be nippy fish if there's not a good number of them.

I did have a neon just randomly die (just because they are getting old and not very hardy i think) this caused a small ammonia spike but I did a 75% water change and took out the body and it's good now. This bump has slowly gotten worse it's grey in color and lumpy. I don't think he's being nipped

Would of gone for fin rot as well. Only other thing it reminded me of was when fish are stuck at the water surface and the top fin dries out / condition loss.

Hm I guess I'll just do some extra water changes. I was just worried it was a tumor or something though

Yeah, he's definitely not old, bettas can live 3-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom