what is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
so got another tank yesterday ...i was wondering what these are thanks20180123_094801.jpg20180123_095034.jpg theres also a spotty one

The schooling fish look like pearl danios [danio albolineatus ]
https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=AwrBT...-1378466/RK=0/RS=dFg3r3eNUSPB8eeYIffeO965Vrw-
Tough to say on plec ,but he looks common to me?
thanks ...i just googled the fish i found them to look like pearl danio and there is a spotty one which is another type of danio by the looks of it lol ...the person who had them before us had no idea on how to keep fish its ridiculus what we found when setting it up in the filter (they used hollowfibre filler in the whole filter...its for cushions etc lol) and also they got 2 goldfish in with tropical ..we are going to get rid of these soon dont want them but also not fair on them in there ...

i will see if i can get a better pic but as only finished set up at gone 1am (uk time) they still hiding up a bit and swimming off when getting close

heres better pics of the common if it is it does look like it ...there is also a bnp in the tank too and a talking catfish and 2 upside down catfish 20180123_102447.jpg20180123_102517.jpg

King Fisher
The topic of a common Pleco attacking a separate species came up in a thread several months ago. I had once witnessed a similar sized Common that had latched onto the side of an adult Angel. It didn't end well for the Angel. I don't think my accounting of the incident was totally accepted at the time. Most contributors did not believe that some Plecos are carnivorous.

King Fisher
The topic of a common Pleco attacking a separate species came up in a thread several months ago. I had once witnessed a similar sized Common that had latched onto the side of an adult Angel. It didn't end well for the Angel. I don't think my accounting of the incident was totally accepted at the time. Most contributors did not believe that some Plecos are carnivorous.
I don't know if they attack or if they like to suck on the slime coat whenever a fish gets close to them. I know of two incidents of common pleco attaching to goldfish. They are also known to chew on dead fish at the bottom of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom