What is wrong with my anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommeejo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know what wrong with my anemone

image-3667884387.jpg

Our chocolate chip starfish moved under it and I'm afraid it hurt him. He looks horrible

Is it under a rock? Might not e getting the light it needs? How long have you had it?

We have had it for 2 months now and our water is testing fine. Yes it's under a rock, after turning on the light it looks fin after an hour.

We have had it for 2 months now and our water is testing fine. Yes it's under a rock, after turning on the light it looks fin after an hour.

image-3050570335.jpg

Ok now my anemone is almost twice I it's normal size and it's mouth is really big too. The light has been off all night I don't know what's going on but it's weird to me

What are your water parameters? What lights are you running over your tank? How long has the tank been set up?

What are your water parameters? What lights are you running over your tank? How long has the tank been set up?

I'm not sure about the lights, and what do you mean about water parameters? My water tested fine and the tank has been setup for 3 years, but 2 months ago we moved the tank, at first some fish we're stressed but they all are doing fine it's just the anemone who is having problems

I'm not sure about the lights, and what do you mean about water parameters? My water tested fine and the tank has been setup for 3 years, but 2 months ago we moved the tank, at first some fish we're stressed but they all are doing fine it's just the anemone who is having problems

The lights are going to be important. Are they t5ho, LED, metal halide? They might not be enough to support the nem.

The parameters refers to the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, calcium, phosphate, magnesium, and alkalinity. They all need to be at good levels to keep a nem healthy and we really need to know the values of them before additional help can be provided.

Back
Top Bottom