What kind of eel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy68

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone identify?

Got this eel from the pet store and they called it a Salt Eel but I can't find any info on Salt Eels' as a breed.
Has very sharp teeth, white spots, brownish body, eats VERY well, hides in the rocks, not really long, fatter looking body than the ghost eel we have. I think MAYBE a harlequin but not sure.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image-1109977507.jpg
    image-1109977507.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 135
My son has a 90 gallon. It was an impulse buy that I was not happy with.
I don't think it is a snowflake. It's spots are too distinct and big. And it's body is not sleek like a snowflake.
I am sure he is going to have trouble with it no matter what it is...

crister13 said:
It's not a snowflake it's a skeletor. They're closely related.

So right. Thanks crister, I stand corrected.

Wendy68 said:
My son has a 90 gallon. It was an impulse buy that I was not happy with.

Impulse buying pets is an occupational hazard in our hobby. I'm sure he'll learn something from it. He sure got a cool eel though.

Thanks crister13. You hit the nail on the head. He is a Skeletor Eel. Looks just like the images I found on line. Feeling much better about tank size, compatibility, etc too. He is beautiful and my son got a VERY good deal with the cost. He will make a nice addition to the family. VERY HAPPY NOW :)

This is a Skeletor Eel. Thanks crister13 for letting me know. Can now relax and enjoy this new member of the family as it looks like all the parameters should be okay. Still have to convince the son from impulse buys in the future but... This one turned out okay in the end.

CorallineAlgae said:
So right. Thanks crister, I stand corrected.

Impulse buying pets is an occupational hazard in our hobby. I'm sure he'll learn something from it. He sure got a cool eel though.

Hazard of the hobby is right! Expensive too. Hopefully this scared him enough to think a bit more. Our problem is all the good fish stores are 3.5 hours away so... Makes the impulse a bit harder to resist.
He is a VERY nice eel. :)

Back
Top Bottom