What kind of eggs are these??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Specialk302

Aquarium Advice Activist
These egg sacks were hidden behind my decoration which is pinned against the glass. So no fish can fit there. So I have snails. Pond snails and assassin snails. Can anyone help me please. They feel like gel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1414638190986.jpg
    1414638190986.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 1414638202680.jpg
    1414638202680.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 90
Is bladder snail the same thing as pond snails?? I'm assuming yes

I think I have been over feeding because i have corys and I've been afraid that they aren't getting any food. I guess it keeps my assassin snails alive then

If you have assassin snails I wouldn't worry too much. Depending on the size of your tank and your current stocking you might even add more assassin snails. That is if you want to keep the bladder snail population down.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I only have 3 assassin snails in my tank right now. I think they're breeding cuz I been seeing 2 on top of each other and digging themselves into the sand.

If the assassin snails have plenty of food and there is a male and female they will breed. Their eggs look like little snack zip loc bags and they stick them everywhere randomly.

Thriving bladder snails could be sign that you are over feeding.

What is the difference between bladder snails and pond snails? After a quick search both terms seem to be used interchangeably.

Overfeeding is clearly not the only cause of snail "infestations". I had my 95g running for over a year with only plants in there (lots and lots of plants) and no fish, so I was not feeding anything. And the amount of snails in there could probably qualify as an infestation (but I love snails!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom