What kind of eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_crazy_lady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 1.5 gallon freshwater tank that has a plant or two in it and one female guppy and a snail I (shhh) got from the lake and rehabbed.
Two and a half weeks ago I found a baby guppy in the tank.
Then I a week ago I found two more baby guppys (obviously younger than the first one) .
The day after that I found these eggs in my tank and I am confused as to wether the snail laid them or whether they are aborted babies of the guppy, which I've read about it happening.
I removed the eggs with the plant because I was worried they were snail eggs and I didn't want them to overrun my small tank.
They are attached to the plant. I tried to post photos but can't so they look like they each have a brown dot inside but are clear and seem to be encased in a clear something or another.
How long does it take for snails to hatch?
Is it likely that they are premature guppies?
I don't know if they have gotten any different in size yet... it's hard to tell.

Unlikely to be premature guppies if they are attached to the plant. That said, that size tank is really too small for fish.

Well I went by the gallon per square inch rule and FYI the babies are removed from the tank.
Guppy is happy and healthy and snail is just being a normal snail, have had them in there for a few months already so I thought it was fine but maybe not?...
thanks for reply!

Back
Top Bottom