What kind of food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nataliedd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I've been reading some threads recently about a lot of the typical fish food being rubbish. Having read the ingredients in mine I would say mine come under that category! So can people recommend some brands (if thats allowed) of wafers and pellets that are good quality please? Also iv also read about certain fruit and veg that are occasionally good to feed so can I ask for some recommendations for this also?
To refresh memories my tank has mostly tetras and corys with a few guppies and a pleco.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brocolli , shelled peas, aparasgus all par boiled

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I almost only feed frozen food. Bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp

I take it that any veg left in tank i should remove after a short period?

I almost only feed frozen food. Bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp

I put a cube in every few days but the greedy ones on the top and middle always get it all so my corys and plec never get any. Do you have bottom dwellers and if so do they get share of the frozen cube?

I forget who said it but someone mentioned they use a PVC pipe and aim it at their bottom feeders then drop the food through there to allow it to reach the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I currently have 6 rummynose tetras and 12 kuhli loach. I just give more food than the rummynose can eat, the extra falls to the bottom and the loaches can eat it.

I forget who said it but someone mentioned they use a PVC pipe and aim it at their bottom feeders then drop the food through there to allow it to reach the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's a good idea! ;)

So any people use or know if these are good quality brands....New era. Tetra and aqua care.

Where are you located? Are we feeding corys as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Northern Ireland. The brands I mentioned are readily available however I can order of Internet if the others aren't great. Yes I'm feeding corys too.

Back
Top Bottom