What kind of goby is this????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikezilla89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm at work and nobody can figure out what kind of goby this is! Help!

Attachments

• image-1454491810.jpg
    image-1454491810.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2361670866.jpg
    image-2361670866.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2261418929.jpg
    image-2261418929.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 117
Hard to tell with those pictures. What type of shipment did he come in with? I found a rhinogobius in a shipment of feeder guppies once. Could be the same genus

Yes hard to tell with the pics and at that size.

Going purely on the coloration I would GUESS Marbled Goby at this point, but that could change. :)

Kind of looks like a round goby. I was reading a story about them invading the Great Lakes. Could be completely wrong but it looks similar.

PS - I know nothing about gobies. :)

Definitely not a marbled goby, we got some of those in yesterday. I think they came in a shipment by themselves. The owner got em months ago but he doesn't remember what they are. They're in a tank with a bunch of small convicts. The goby is kinda greenish

He looks like a lawnmower/algae blennie and thats a guess based on the colors and color patterns i see.

Kind of looks like a round goby. I was reading a story about them invading the Great Lakes. Could be completely wrong but it looks similar.

I was thinking the same thing. I catch them out of Lake Michigan while perch fishing.

Where did this fish come from?

A closer, clearer shot of the head from the side will help. Rhinogobius duospilus (wui) is becoming increasingly popular and popping up everywhere, they have yellowish to red streaks and spots extending from the cheek to the back of the gill plate.

BigJim said:
I was thinking the same thing. I catch them out of Lake Michigan while perch fishing.

Where did this fish come from?

He came from fish mart, a fish wholesaler in the area.
I'll have to get a better shot when I work again

Back
Top Bottom