What kind of light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charbel.eid9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 4 foot long aquarium and 58 in deep. What kind of light do i need in it to grow long grass and Anubis plants on bottom with a few moss balls?

With an almost 5 feet tall tank, you are going to need some good lights to get all the way to the bottom of that...but Anubias are low light and what type of grass? Is that all the plants you want in it?

With an almost 5 feet tall tank, you are going to need some good lights to get all the way to the bottom of that...but Anubias are low light and what type of grass? Is that all the plants you want in it?

Yeah i have angels, bottom dwellers, and reed fish so i just want the grassy look. I have one healthy mondo grass but I can't get others to grow. Would putting a light on the side work the same as top?

First off, Mondo grass isn't a aquatic plant. They sometimes do ok for a little while, but will eventually go downhill.

With a tank that deep, I don't think that I would recommend traditional fluorescent lighting. LEDs with decent optics or metal halide lightings are probably worth looking into in your case.

In terms of plants for that tall "grassy" look, if you get your lighting to moderate intensity, try Cyperus Helferi. For on the lower-med end of lighting, maybe some jungle Val?

First off, Mondo grass isn't a aquatic plant. They sometimes do ok for a little while, but will eventually go downhill.

With a tank that deep, I don't think that I would recommend traditional fluorescent lighting. LEDs with decent optics or metal halide lightings are probably worth looking into in your case.

Thank you for you help!

Back
Top Bottom