What kind of plants are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure it looks like an (Encinodoris) of some sort, It looks what is commonly call a melon sword. hope this helps.

Fisman

Hi. Which plant are you referring to? Sorry I didn't post the individual plants here but put it in an album...

Everything else is fine. The java fern shouldn't be planted though. Its rhizome must remain above the substrate. It does best attached to rocks or wood.

Thank you so much for that information. I would get some rocks or wood tomorrow. :-D

Generally plants that are green and white are not aquatic. Dunno why shops sell them as being aquatic.
There are some good plant websites out there all about aquarium plants which you can use a quick reference guide.

does anybody have any idea on what is the ID of that reddish plant in my album? it has some roots in its stem and it somewhat have some shoots of flowers on it? I am not sure though...

please let me know if it is also aquatic?

The red plant is some kind of ludwigia. Ludwigia tend to go into inflorescence underwater.

My guess is something like L. Palustris

Without a better picture it will be hard to ID fully.

The red plant is some kind of ludwigia. Ludwigia tend to go into inflorescence underwater.

My guess is something like L. Palustris

Without a better picture it will be hard to ID fully.

Thanks crepe...if you are right, is this plant aquatic?

Yes it would be aquatic. Most ludwigia, if not all ludwigia, are aquatic. I can't think of one off the top of my head. But I'm 99% sure there's at least one non-aquatic ludwigia. But I digress. Any ludwigia you encounter in a store is probably aquatic 98% of the time.

Yes it would be aquatic. Most ludwigia, if not all ludwigia, are aquatic. I can't think of one off the top of my head. But I'm 99% sure there's at least one non-aquatic ludwigia. But I digress. Any ludwigia you encounter in a store is probably aquatic 98% of the time.

Thank you crepe...that's helpful...so I guess the only thing that is not aquatic so far in my tank is the green and white plant...

Your red plant looks like a Altarnanthera Sessilis. Very nice looking specimen.

Fishman

thank you. It really is pretty in person. It has a combination of green and red and little burgundy in the leaves, and it seems like it has a shoot of flowers in some areas. I wish I could have taken a more nicer look of it.

thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom