What kind of plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deffinately low light, depending on the bulb dictates higher light plants. You want to check the Kelvin rating and wattage. the higher the higher light plants you can keep. You can always buy a better bulb just make sure you get the right bulb, your fixture may only be able to run up to a certain wattage so check it first.

Deffinately low light, depending on the bulb dictates higher light plants. You want to check the Kelvin rating and wattage. the higher the higher light plants you can keep. You can always buy a better bulb just make sure you get the right bulb, your fixture may only be able to run up to a certain wattage so check it first.

i disagree, that tank comes with a dual t5, which should put it at least at medium light. if the hood is t5ho capable, it might even be high light

I don't disagree but it depends on the bulb it has. A good quality high Kelvin and wattage bulb could easily do high light. However a low wattage low Kelvin bulb would only support low light. Heck you can use a normal household lamp with a decent cfl bulb and grow high light aswell. It's all in the bulb being used.

one of the bulbs is 6700k and they are both t5no bulbs i think.

I don't disagree but it depends on the bulb it has. A good quality high Kelvin and wattage bulb could easily do high light. However a low wattage low Kelvin bulb would only support low light. Heck you can use a normal household lamp with a decent cfl bulb and grow high light aswell. It's all in the bulb being used.
It doesn't work like that.

I found this deal and I was wondering what types of plants i can grow with this light. it is a t5no light, but i don't know if it is good for medium light plants especially with this type of tank.

Aqueon 25 Gallon Deluxe Plant Kit - Aquariums - Fish - PetSmart

That setup looks like it'll put you in around low-medium light. Looks pretty cool though and already has good bulbs in it. Definitely a nice little all in one kit.

You can grow most aquatic plants with just a low-medium light setup, but trial and error will be the key. I've kept some pretty demanding plants in a low light (single t5ho) setup and they stay green but don't grow much.

How does it work then? Enlighten us.

Here ya go.
Aquarium Lighting; Reef, Planted Light Information. PAR, Bulb, Watt, Kelvin, Nanometers, MH, LED.
Definitely a good read that explains planted aquarium lighting pretty well.
Light intensity is going to be the defining factor as to whether a setup is low/medium/high light, and the best way to determine that is with a PAR meter. This chart is an excellent reference tool.

PAR vs Distance, T5, T12, PC - Updated Again Charts

That setup looks like it'll put you in around low-medium light. Looks pretty cool though and already has good bulbs in it. Definitely a nice little all in one kit.

You can grow most aquatic plants with just a low-medium light setup, but trial and error will be the key. I've kept some pretty demanding plants in a low light (single t5ho) setup and they stay green but don't grow much.

can i grow dwarf sag, java fern, java moss, wisteria, water sprite, and rotala rotundifolia under this set-up even though the tank is 19" tall? I will use liquid carbon and will probably dirt the tank.

Yes you should be able to grow all of those plants with that setup, none of those are really demanding.

When you factor in height in the chart that I listed, be sure to deduct for substrate height, which is usually 2-4" in a planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom