What kind of snail should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of snail should I get?

• Assassin snail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystery snail

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Malaysian Trumpet Snail

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Bladder Snail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MythologyFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am thinking about getting a snail for the holidays. My tank is a 10g planted tank with a betta, guppies, shrimp, and a nerite snail. Because I already have a nerite snail, I wouldn't really want another one, even though they are great little things. I was thinking a Mystery snail or Malaysian Trumpet snail would be cool, but I have an open mind. Thanks!

Mystery snails produce a lot of waste so you would definitely have to keep up on water changes at least once a week. However, they can be quite cool to watch as they cruise around the tank.

Malaysian trumpet snails are very cool, they like to bury into the substrate to feed on the debris hidden there. I like the twisted look of their shells as well.

Maybe you could get another type of nerite snail as there are a lot of variations?

I hope this helps :)

Bumble Bee or Red or Crowned Nerite are all very attractive.

A Purple, blue or pink Mystery Snail (MS) or the kind with stripes. One MS should not be too much trouble if you keep up with a reasonable amount of water changing.

A Dwarf Rabbit snail is amazing, but some report eating plants and others report no issues.

I like the Red and Pink and Orange Ramshorn snails.

But if you overfeed they will very likely overpopulate.

Here are a couple of mine also in signature pic
60074-albums14700-picture71712.jpg

60074-albums14700-picture71710.jpg

When you’ve had an MTS over a year and it gets big, I hardly ever think it buries itself anymore. IMG_2522.jpg

They aren’t as colorful as Mystery or Ramshorn IMG_2523.jpgIMG_1245.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom