what kind of snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
what kind of snail is this, i made the mistake of not quarantining my plants, and i am not sure i want them. The are really small no bigger than a pencil eraser. about pea sized here is the best pic i could get. i only noticed one at first and it was brownish coppery, i do see a lot more now, and some that are tiny and opaque.
thoughts, comments, advice?
img_2019734_0_d8e3438f91f9efe16074c6d322aecb2a.jpg

Its a pond snail. I have them in all of my tanks. If you want to get rid of them then get a piece of lettuce or another green. Float it in the tank overnight. In the morning u should have a bunch of snails on it. At that point you can crush them and feed them to your fish, or you can throw them out.

I would keep them. They are part of the ecosystem that you have created. Also if you see a large increase then there may be too much excess nutrients for them. But if you see little to none then they are starving.

Honestly they don't have an impact on bio load and they ( to some) are appealing

Thank you so much, i am new to planted tanks so i wasn't sure, i never kept snails in my whole13 or so years of fish keeping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom