What kind of snails with my Betta ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

odin909

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey

Got a Betta in a 10 gallon . he is with 6 pristila tetras and 1 chain loach , He has killed the other 2 loaches had 3 . I got 1 gold snail with him , can i add other snails and what type ?

Hornsnails are nice

U can have some almond leaves or jackfruit leaves to lower the ph, the tetras u got lives in acidic and alkaline water from amazon and guianas. The leaves will also provide healing properties for the fish.
Hey

Got a Betta in a 10 gallon . he is with 6 pristila tetras and 1 chain loach , He has killed the other 2 loaches had 3 . I got 1 gold snail with him , can i add other snails and what type ?

heh Ramshorn's for multiple reasons
1) they are good indicators of a healthy tank
2) indicate if your overfeeding by rapid growth
3) they clean nearly all scraps and plant matter that falls to the bottom
4) they don't effect the bio balance within the tank

I have a betta in the same size tank. Cohabitating with him are two Mystery snails (gold, magenta) and three little Nerite snails as the cleanup crew. They must be happy: the two Mysteries mate a lot and just laid eggs this morning, the Nerites keep the place spotless and are always on the move, and the betta just wants to fight all the time. Seems to be a happy tribe.

Back
Top Bottom