What kind of tank would you prefer? (pole)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what type of fishh would you have in your (if it was a 38g) tank?

• community tank (with tropical fish and chichlids)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • tropical community tank (ex: tetras, livebearers, danios, etc.)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • chichlid community tank (ex: Rams, shell dwellers, aspitos, labs, etc.)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • tropical species tank (all of one type of tropical fish)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • chichlid species tank (all of one type chichlid)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone i have a 38 gallon tank at the time it has an oscar and a pleco in it. but soon i will have to give the oscar to someone else. what i want to know is what would you get? thanks for all votes. and if you have a certain ideaa you want to share then vote and write a reply.

I might consider doing a semi-aggressive tank. Probably with some Green Tiger barbs to start. I'm not sure what else I'd add though.

i have had community tanks with chichlids.... well my 85 is like that.... my 120 might end up with a couple apisto pairs so i would have to count that tank.... i am also a fan of species only tanks.... more so schooling fish.... having one large school vs 2-3 smaller really looks nice..... see you keep asking these trick questions.....

i have had community tanks with chichlids.... well my 85 is like that.... my 120 might end up with a couple apisto pairs so i would have to count that tank.... i am also a fan of species only tanks.... more so schooling fish.... having one large school vs 2-3 smaller really looks nice..... see you keep asking these trick questions.....
yeah if i went with tropical fish then i was thinking on getting 2 schools of fish like maybe some cardinal tetras and maybee some zebra danios. maybe 8 tetras and 5 danios. and some other main fish like a pair of angels or gourami's. maybe even some Blue Rams. i was thinking on some corries a couple ottos some cardinals some danios and the main fish. But i am open to all ideas. i like chichlids and tropical fish i'm undecited on which to get at the time so i ask. thanks for the idea. and yes a bigger school looks better than a smaller one well at least thats what me and you think.

I might consider doing a semi-aggressive tank. Probably with some Green Tiger barbs to start. I'm not sure what else I'd add though.
some barbs and maybe a fresh water shark and some angels sounds good oh and maybe even a coulpe cherry barbs. thhanks for your input.

I like the idea of a mixed 38 community. As I said in another thread, there's a lot less risk involved; you will have a big tank, and so you can add in more mollies or not or get some very interesting fish with a little more freedom than if you have territorial/aggressive cichlids.

And in a 38, you can certainly have a piar of GBRs or angels to get your cichlid fix.

I like the idea of a mixed 38 community. As I said in another thread, there's a lot less risk involved; you will have a big tank, and so you can add in more mollies or not or get some very interesting fish with a little more freedom than if you have territorial/aggressive cichlids.

And in a 38, you can certainly have a piar of GBRs or angels to get your cichlid fix.
:p oh ok thanks johnny :p

Back
Top Bottom