What level of lighting do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two fixtures.. One is a Coralife T5NO 2x28 (single reflector for both bulbs), other is a Current Nova ExtremeT5HO 2x54 (individual reflector for each bulb)... Each of them are currently running one 10k and one actinic bulb because that's the way they came..

I know T5 and individual reflectors change things as far as adding up the WPG..

What lighting level am I running now?

If I were to change out the actinics for 6700k what lighting level would I be at?

This is on a standard 75g tank...

Thanks for your help!!

With the actinics, you're just over 1 wpg. This is considered low light, especially with the 10K bulbs. Change the actinics and you'll be at 2 wpg. This is low to med. light.

You'll probably be ok with med. light plants at 2 wpg with T5HO lights.

i would swap out the actinics with some 6700k bulbs... the 10,000k will keep the bright look, and the plants will have much more usable light

Umm, I really don't know.. I don't want to go with Co2.. So something on the lower light side would be good I assume.. I have some Java Fern in there now.. (Will Java Fern Pearl?)

I like the anacharis look as well..

Mainly something that is low maintenance that will help with my tank eco system... I am using play sand if that matters to anyone.. :)

i would change take the actinic bulb out of the 54x2 fixture. i would try just that fixture over the tank and see if you are getting the effect you want. i have several 4 foot tanks with 2x54w ho and i am able to grow low and some medium light plants with the lights on 8 hours a day.

any plant can pearl some are harder then others.

Back
Top Bottom