what plant is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
What plant is this I'm sure its a type of sword but what kind I've had it for maybe a month and its dying on me any help please?

Attachments

• WIN_20131230_184935.jpg
    WIN_20131230_184935.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 57
Sorry not sure what species of sword it is- try posting in the planted tank section and you'll get more responses. Swords are very heavy root feeders though and benefit from adding root tabs in the substrate underneath them. If you are not doing this, that may be the source of your problem.

Can someone help me figure out what sword this is its dying on me and its bumming me out lol

Attachments

• WIN_20131230_184935.jpg
    WIN_20131230_184935.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 49
No I was told to just plant it in the substrate but it started to die off so I tied it to the décor its on now

I don't believe so. I use them in sand substrate for my Amazon swords and other root feeders and have not noticed any changes.

I'll be sure to try it thanks for the tip it'll help with another tank I'm about to start too

Yea that's why, amazon swords are root feeders, meaning they get their nutrition from their roots, not from extracting it like other plants, without root tabs, they surely will die, you need to add some, pronto

Give it a week or so for it to pick up and start to look better. Swords will grow new leaves quickly. Just remember to cut off any damage leaves so that it doesn't waste energy trying to repair they damaged leaves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom