What plants do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wylgamez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I have a 20 gallons tall FW tank that has gone through a lot of experimentation in regards plants for the last 4 years. This low light tank has 6 species of plants that I've been trying to propagate around but can't remember their names.

Can you please help me identify the plants from the pics?

In regards to plant foods, I have a few Seachem products but I don't use them on a regular schedule as I'm not sure what the needs are. The current lighting: flora-glo t8 for 10 hours a day. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while and that's the reason why I haven't invested in better lights but if there is any other recommendation on how to make these happier for now, I'm all ears! :)

Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461433124.994676.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461433222.512890.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461433244.726386.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461433260.722403.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461433287.519754.jpg

Hard to tell, but I think I see crypts, hygrophilia (difformis maybe?) , Java Fern, some type of sword

The tall one is Hygrofilia Difformis and the one in the back that is hard to see looks like Hornwort. Someone else could probably tell you the type of crypts. It looks pretty BTW.

The third pic down is a Water Sprite I think, Ceratopteris thalictroides. As for the nutrients, those are good products. I'd get a liquid co2 supplement if you increase your lighting.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. This is very helpful!!

Btw, the ones on the far right of my first picture lost its purple coloration (see an old picture I found below) and went to a dull brown long time ago, wondering how to bring it back to purple. Someone recommended iron but I don't think that helped much. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461507319.562102.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The tall one is Hygrofilia Difformis and the one in the back that is hard to see looks like Hornwort. Someone else could probably tell you the type of crypts. It looks pretty BTW.

Thank you schpanky!! The one in the back is cabomba, the only one I know hehe

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Crypts swords some java fern cabamba

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom