What should i add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to add in another fish or two. Your opinion on what I should add?

Attachments

• image-3673182.jpg
    image-3673182.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3311322968.jpg
    image-3311322968.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2681814727.jpg
    image-2681814727.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2802531366.jpg
    image-2802531366.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3254417661.jpg
    image-3254417661.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3872811894.jpg
    image-3872811894.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3242358650.jpg
    image-3242358650.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3805769629.jpg
    image-3805769629.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 74
Hi I have a 29 gallon tank too. That is what size yours looks to be. How do your serpaie tetra get along with your other fish? I saw them at Walmart and thought they looked so pretty. However, I read they can be nippy. Any problems with them and your angel fish?

3 serpea tetras
2 tiger barbs
2 black skirts
2 angel fish
1 lepascus I think
1 Pleco

You are overstocked. You are stocked with the angels and pleco depending on the type of course. Could you specify?

Tiger barbs, black skirt tetras, and serpae tetras are schooling fish and should be in schools of 6+. You should really consider giving away some fish or looking into a larger tank. A 55 would work.

IMO you should keep the angels and the pleco depending on the kind and give away everything else.

Hi I have a 29 gallon tank too. That is what size yours looks to be. How do your serpaie tetra get along with your other fish? I saw them at Walmart and thought they looked so pretty. However, I read they can be nippy. Any problems with them and your angel fish?

No there is no problem between any of my fish. My fish are all happy

You are overstocked. You are stocked with the angels and pleco depending on the type of course. Could you specify?

Tiger barbs, black skirt tetras, and serpae tetras are schooling fish and should be in schools of 6+. You should really consider giving away some fish or looking into a larger tank. A 55 would work.

IMO you should keep the angels and the pleco depending on the kind and give away everything else.

I have a 20 gallon. And I believe that the 1 inch per gallon is just dumb my friend has 5 fish tanks. He has been told by many people to not follow the 1 inch per gallon. Him and his relatives follow the 1 inch per liter

I have a 20 gallon. And I believe that the 1 inch per gallon is just dumb my friend has 5 fish tanks. He has been told by many people to not follow the 1 inch per gallon. Him and his relatives follow the 1 inch per liter

Okay in a 20 you should get rid of the angels. And some of the other fish. If you care for the general wellbeing of your fish I highly recommend that you listen. If you would like to cram some innocent fish into a small glass box then go ahead. We are trying to help you make the best out of your hobby. Angelfish grow to six inches not including fins. They need a larger tank. They mayseem okay but please remember their is a large difference between okay and happy and thriving trust me.

It looks like u have a paradise fish in there too. Size wise it probably is ok for your tank but they can be aggressive. Honestly u should keep maybe your black skirts n serpaes increase their schools to 5. Then get a couple dwarf cories n call it a day. That would still be close to overstocked.

It looks like u have a paradise fish in there too. Size wise it probably is ok for your tank but they can be aggressive. Honestly u should keep maybe your black skirts n serpaes increase their schools to 5. Then get a couple dwarf cories n call it a day. That would still be close to overstocked.

Thats a good suggestion

Even if you don't go by the 1"/gallon rule, you are still overstocked. Not sure what type of Gourami that is, but it'll probably get to a hefty size for a 20. The Banded Leporinus will easily outgrow a 20, I believe they can get close to a foot in length. The Angels should be in a larger tank, and the pleco will most likely outgrow the tank too. The barbs and tetras should be in larger schools.

Honestly I think you should remove the Angels, Pleco, and the Leporinus. And you should probably remove either the barbs or one species of the tetras.

Maybe you could upgrade tanks soon. I did the same thing. I wanted a couple of fish and set up a ten gallon and ran out and bought a couple of fish. Pet store said they would be fine. Found this site and found out otherwise. Mollies can get to 4 inches. I upgraded tanks. Now I feel so sorry for all those fish in pet stores. Especially the Beta fish.

Check out local yard sales or second hand stores. Post an ad in a local paper. You would be surprised at how many people have tanks they no long want.

Back
Top Bottom