What size co2 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunchbox209

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am think of adding co2 to my 55g fish tank. I would like to have a high tech heavily planted tank. I have been looking for co2 tanks but don't know witch size will work best for me.

Larger cylinders will save you money in the long run as you will get a better price to fill it up. It is usually cheaper to fill a ten pound cylinder than it is to fill two five pound cylinders. Basically, it comes down to what do you have the room for. A five pound tank will usually fit nicely inside a stand with a cabinet.

I agree with blert, 10lb is cheaper per fill up but if you don't have the space go for a 5lb. A 5lb lasted me over a year before I needed a refill on my 30g tank.

What kind of lights are you using? Any thoughts into what species of plants you want to keep?

I have a 4 bulb t5ho fixture with all four bulbs being 6700k bulbs as far as species I am undecided on that but I don't want to be limited on what I can keep

Back
Top Bottom