What size drift wood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to add drift wood to my tank but I'm not sure what size to get. Medium? Large? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399262839.277643.jpg

Do you want it laying on the substrate or do you want vertical driftwood? If you want it on the substrate then I would go with medium. If you want it vertically, then I would go with large.

I think you could do both. If you have a piece in the middle of your tank on the bottom (the medium piece) and have a large piece going up the back of the tank. Put some plants on them to tie it all together I think that would look awesome. :)

It depends on how big medium or large is, dimension wise. you've got a little more than 30 inches on the long diagonal from side to side in the tank and about 25 inches from front to the back corner.

JGLOVER, I would be buying from online. So the sizes vary. There is only a stock photo so I have no clue. I was just wondering If I should try medium or large.

I've ordered online before and my vendor gave a size range, such as:

Small 9" x 6-1/4", Medium 12" x 4", Medium/Large 10-3/4" x 7" and Large 16-7/8" x 7". This is from DFS.

I order my driftwood from DFS also. It's cheap enough, so if you can swing it, get 2 large and a medium. Your odds will be better with getting a good size piece you want if they see you want that in the same order. They've got real good driftwood and all the pieces they've sent are real nice.

I order my driftwood from DFS also. It's cheap enough, so if you can swing it, get 2 large and a medium. Your odds will be better with getting a good size piece you want if they see you want that in the same order. They've got real good driftwood and all the pieces they've sent are real nice.

Yeah their drift wood is a great price! But there is quite a big difference between med and large for price but little difference in size. Is mopani or Malaysian wood better?

Yeah their drift wood is a great price! But there is quite a big difference between med and large for price but little difference in size. Is mopani or Malaysian wood better?

I get Malaysian driftwood. It sinks naturally and leaks less tannins. DFS has sizes for their pieces that range about 6". For instance I ordered 2 larges in a shipment and I got one on the small end of the large scale and one on the top end of the large size. I love the pieces but you can't pick them yourself. But for $10 for a large piece is pretty cheap IMO which is why I order a few at a time. Some are smaller than I'd like but they're really nice none the less!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom