What Species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanteD817

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 29 gallon long, it has about an 1.5 inches of substrate (crushed coral sand) and various decorations I can use. Well it has a blue gourami, and a siilver molly.

I am debating what species to get. I was thinking of doing a community of varios gouramis or mollies. But have had them before, and am thinking of something new... I would prefer it to be easy to breed.

No livebearers, and I was thinking maybe something other than community. I do have a 135 gallon mbuna tank, so maybe a pair of SA cichlids of some type? Opinions please!

I have never heard of them.. are they similiar to a blue ram? They look very nice!

SA cichlids like soft acidic water and your coral sand substrate is going to raise the hardness and the ph. Id remove it for something different if you want sa cichs

I would have no problem switching it out. I was thinking maybe a colony of pearl occellatus? What do you guys think? I know they like living in shells.

Or maybe african leaf fish

Okay, after doing some reading I was thinking a heavily planted tank with a pair of small SA cichlids (apisto or rams) and a few leaf fish. Both species are semi aggressive, and both require acidic water. what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom