What the heck is going on !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
My fish are acting very very weird, and i am getting really freaked out. I woke up this moring and two of my feeder goldfish were in my parrot feather pot, head firs, burried halfway down with their tails sticking up out of the water. I just thought that maybe they were trying to eat something in the pot, but i just went outside a few minutes ago and my 10" shubunkin was burried halfway down, i took him out and he was barely alive! I don't think he is doing that well. I am going to do a test on my parameters right now

pH-7.5
alkilinity-180ppm
nitrate-0ppm
nitrite-0ppm

I AM FREAKING OUT!! what is going on, i need help! I just did a 40% water change a few days ago. Do i need to do another?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Do another water change, perhaps 80-90% just dont clean the filter and you will be fine, perhaps something got in to the pond, i once had a oil in the pond and it killed the fish but huge water changes saved some, look for anything in the pond or on the water surface, as well as the fish, any illness???

no ilness in the fish, they just recovered from a very agressive fin rot and body fungus, but it is all cleared up. All my fish seem to be doing better now. I will check the surface for any oils. My house backs onto a farmer's feild, which was sprayed with pesticide a few weeks ago, could that have caused the problem?

Hmmm i cant say fir sure, but it looks like that to me, guess whats behind my house, feild and farmers although there was no chance of it getting in the pond, it may from the air? Keep the water changes up, and if you dont have plants (even though i do and my plants and they are always in salt) perhaps add some, it may help, after the water change LOL, Good luck!!!! Let me now what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom