What to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks
I can't decide what to add to my tank. It's a fluval chi 25L. Currently I have one male Betta, 5 assorted male guppies, 6 neon tetras and 2 cherry shrimp. I just fancy some more. Lol. But can't decide. Any ideas.

wilmo said:
Hey folks
I can't decide what to add to my tank. It's a fluval chi 25L. Currently I have one male Betta, 5 assorted male guppies, 6 neon tetras and 2 cherry shrimp. I just fancy some more. Lol. But can't decide. Any ideas.

IMO your tank is full already, even over stock. My personal suggestion is not to add more fish. 25L is aproximattely 6 Gallons and you already have 12 fish in the tank.

Sorry .

Not only would I not add more fish to that tank, I'd consider returning some of them. You are way overstocked, and my guess is you don't have a larger tank to transfer some or all of those fish over to.

Alright the tank you have is definitly over populated
But there are severel things you can do. One is to get another tank prehaps a 10gal and put the guppies and neons in there and leave the betta in the other tank
Another is that you can return the guppies and neons and keep the cherry shrimp. But personally if you can afford, want or are allowed you should get another tank

I agree with everyone else..IMO that's like a stock list for a tank 2-3 times that size. I would rehome the guppies and neons or use this as an excuse to get a new tank for them ;)

The footprint of the tank really doesn't lend well to overstocking. Besides that, the filter is garbage.
I also recommend rehoming. I have this tank myself and it only ever houses a betta. Shrimp are suitable as well, but that's about it.

How about a 15 gallon setup with heater and aquaclear filter? Then you can keep all of them! (just cycle it first! Check out the link in my signature for details!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom