What to do, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 4 tanks
75gal planted
3 angels
5 blk skirt tetras
11 mixed corys

37 gal tall
7 adult mollies

10 gal
9 new born mollies

Extra 10 gal
3 kuhli loaches

What I'm looking at doing is take the fish in the 75 and put them in the 37 and make that tank an angel tank. What I want is a fish that is aggressive. And the only one I can find is the salvini. Can I do maybe one or two sals in the 75 planted and then keep the mollies as feeders?
Ideas? Comments?

You should retitle this more along the line of "aggressive fish for a 75" you might get more hits that way :) SOrry I couldn't help you with your actual question

I would have said that your 37 G might be a bit small for 3 adult angels, maybe get away with 2 and the rest of your stock. You might find that even if they get on now, if you suddenly halve their tank size it might get ugly. Depends on the size of the Angels.

Aggressive fish for 75G
Based on my experience, the best candidates would be
Jack Dempsey
EBJD
Salvini
Convict
Jewel
Green Terror
Sajica
Blue Acara

Not all in a 75 of course. It would be very advisable to get as Juveniles and overfilter, but you could do;

1 GT
1 Salvini

Or

1 JD
1 Salvini
1 Jewel or Male Convict or Male Sajica

Or
1 EBJD
1 Female Con
1 Jewel
1 Blue Acara
1 Female Sajica

Quite easy on with any of those combos.

Throw in a few decent size catfish and in the case of option 2 and 3, a school of 5-6 4" barbs and you would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom